Alternate Dimension (Part 49)

We spent the whole day trying out various hairstyles and clothes my mother was willing to give me. She seems to have some old clothes that have yet to be opened from their shopping bags. A fraction of those seemed expensive and another seemed to have been bought before I was born.

Me: "Er, mom? Why do you have so many shoes and clothes I've never seen you wear before?"

Mother: "Me and your dad bought them at flee market and discount sales at department stores. Others were what I have only worn once for various interviews. I don't have much space left to store these, but I would rather give them away to a family member than to throwing or selling them away."

I already have a lot of clothes and shoes, but I shouldn't reject her offer either and... and... oh great. I'm starting to feel sleepy and can't think as I would want to and my thoughts are now filled with nothing but wanting to sleep.

Mother: "You seemed tired. Why don't you take a rest in your room."

Without much thought, I did not change out of what I last wore and instantly fell asleep upon lying on the bed. I miss this bed. Also, I had the pillow and blanket over me to block out the outside noise and sunlight. It's so effective, that I see nothing but pitch black when I opened my eyes.

Except, there was weight a lot heavier than myself on top of me when I woke up. What is this? I can't move!

Me: "Mphf! Hmf fp mf!"

I tried to shout and struggle, but I can't open my lips as my face is against the mattress and heard an illegible sound instead of what I wanted to say from my vocal chords. The struggling, however, was enough to attract attention. The weight that restricted my movement seem to have lifted and jumped out of bed to see what was going on.

That was when I saw a very familiar face.

Itsuki: "Oh, forgive me! I didn't know you were sleeping on my bed, Mom told me that there was a guest visiting, but didn't seem to know where you were as your shoes were still at the entrance. Forgive me for asking, but who are you?"

He doesn't seem to recognize who I am. Also, the mattress I was sleeping on was so soft that I sank a lot into it and it's possible that he didn't notice me because of that and the blanket on top of me.

Me: "Is that all you have to say after what you did? You could have ruined my life from braking my bones with your weight you know: my body's quite fragile, and I'm an important person to many people and organizations!"

Itsuki: "I'm really sorry. It won't happen again!"

He seemed really apologetic, but tried hard not to look at me.

Me: "Well, it's partly my fault for hiding in bed. Anyways, I am the founder of the Powell Research Institute, Hisakawa Sae..."

I was expecting him to look at me and shout at me for pulling at prank or something, but he collapsed onto the floor instead.

Itsuki: "I was easily deceived by my other self that has a body of its own and is living a life a lot better than what I have. Despite having seen her long enough to remember her appearance, how did I fail to recognize her this time until she mentioned her name? I tried to treat her as my other self, but her appearance as the opposite gender is too distracting for me to think properly. But, why can't I be her if she is me?"

Itsuki was mumbling something about me when, without warning, shot up and hugged me. He seems to have started crying too. H-hey!

Itsuki: "Sorry, I've just had not been hugged lately, and I've always wanted to physically hug myself for a long time,"

Him hugging me really feels like I'm being hugged by myself as both his and my aura are the same. Wait... that can't be right: siblings and even twins have their own unique ones.

Itsuki: "Saeko, will you help me..."

He lost a grip of me and collapsed onto the floor. He seems to be breathing heavily and in pain. Is he ill? I haven't fallen sick for years that I forgot what it is like, but to see a part of me collapse is quite worrying. I mean, I don't know if I'm affected if something bad were to happen to him.

Me: "Itsuki? Itsuki! Are you all right? You don't look so well."

Itsuki: "Yeah, just a high fever I caught from a random passer-by somewhere. I came home early to rest but couldn't do so with you preventing my rest and making me more worked up that makes my problem worse. Look at me! Do I look healthy? Of course not! I'm very ill! Don't forget that I can make you do what I want if only this illness is not making me weak to the point that I can't get out of bed without using a lot of my energy."

What is he babbling about? I didn't do anything to him and he wants to attack me, his other self that he is somehow jealous about.

Me: "Do you really have a fever? Or are you acting to lower the chances of me expecting your sudden actions? Let me see..."

Itsuki didn't seem to resist when I sat down on the floor to touch his forehead to check just how ill he is.

Me: "Hm... You really do have a high fever that you might need to be sent to hospital if it goes any higher. You really should take a break for about two weeks. Would you like me to do anything for you?"

Itsuki: "Just my mobile phone and those tablets in the kitchen. Before that, could you help to drag me to bed? Sorry, but I can't help myself: I could barely move my arms."

His eyes were closed as he said that, as though he had forgotten the anger he had towards me.

Chapter 11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternate Dimention (Part 27)

Review of Autumn 2008 anime

New Autumn 2008 Anime / Review of Summer & Spring Anime