An Unexpected Wish (Part 4)

Nanami did not feel that her grandmother's presence intruding, but rather comforting: she is her late mother's mother after all. There are, however, things that Nanami explain to, or rely on. As for her childhood friends, Yuichi and Misae, she doesn't remember how she had met them, but it seem to have happened either during or before primary school as she recalls doing activities she can't do now. She would have treated them differently if she had only first met them at the start of high school.

"Senpai! I haven't seen you in a while. What are you doing here?", Nanami said out in surprise.

This is Takuya Ishida (石田 卓哉). He graduated from Nanami's school last year and was in the same middle school too. He now works in a research institute that Nanami knows little about.

"Oh, Kobayashi-chan. It's been a while. My club adviser called me down to collect something that I had left behind. It's nothing big, really."

Nanami turned to see what he is holding: it's a large painting that's covered with a thin layer of cloth that she could see through it. She has no idea what it is he painted, but from what she could see, she thinks that it could be quite nice.

"I painted this together with my seniors in my first year, but none of them wanted it. The teacher kept it in case one of them wanted it, except that no one did and I was the only one whom the teacher could contact with.", said Takuya in an uncertain tone. "Say, would you like to hang out with me from time to time? It's okay if your parents does not allow you: we could just message each other."

A voice from behind was heard, Nanami turned to see who it was. It was Misae.

"Nanami! Lunchtime is almost over. We should return to the classroom before the teacher reaches the classroom now!"

Nanami returned to the classroom, but not before talking to Takuya.

"Oh, my friend is calling me now. I should go now. Erm, see you later then, Ishida-senpai."

"Er, yeah. See you soon."

Takuya waited until the two girls were far enough and heaved a sigh of relief. He then took a look at something that was concealed at the back of the painting.

"Good thing she didn't see this thing. I really don't want to drag her into the mess I'm in."



Part 3 | 日本語版 | Part 5



Last edited: 15 August 2010 ("family business" changed to "research institute" as reflected on related stories and the Japanese version)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternate Dimention (Part 27)

Review of Autumn 2008 anime

New Autumn 2008 Anime / Review of Summer & Spring Anime