Usage of Acronyms

I don't really like it when I see acronyms, but it can make long words like "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation" or "North Atlantic Treaty Organization Air Command and Control System Management Agency" easier to understand.

However, when it comes to things like mathematical equations or names of places/organization (including the above), I seem to learn better by the full names than by their acronyms. So, if you tell me a name of a place or a thing by their acronym, I may not immediately know what you are talking about. Oh, and that also means that I am least likely to use or understand short forms on messages sent by the cellular network.

Anyways, I don't know whether today is a good day or not, but about a third of my classmates were absent, there were only revisions instead of lessons. I somehow forgot to bring my books and stationery to school after I brought them home for revision. Had to rely on the people sitting around me.

Oh, by the way, I noticed that my class has the least amount of guys (less than a quarter of the total) compared to other classes. I wonder why.

By the way, my body is making me do strange things to myself on a regular basis when I'm at home. I don't know what it was, but it made me happy regardless of whatever mood I was in (including sleepy or sad) or more athletic without exercising. Quite scary if you ask me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternate Dimention (Part 27)

Review of Autumn 2008 anime

New Autumn 2008 Anime / Review of Summer & Spring Anime